Apply to Kula Africa Academy
Are you actively involved in a community project? Would you like to start a food garden to solve food insecurity problems in your community? Would you like to learn to make your project self-sufficient? Then, we’re calling on you to apply for Kula Africa Academy.
Please note: This initiative is currently only open to people living in Gauteng.
- Application Deadline: 15 September 2021.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted by 30 September 2021.
- Only the first 30 applications will be considered for the first phase of the selection process.
- All applications must be completed online and required supporting documents submitted by the closing date above.
Before completing the application, please read the entirety of the form to prepare all the necessary documents.
- A cover/motivation letter.
- A full CV.
- A short biography of 250 words.
- A high-resolution portrait picture of yourself.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Based in the community of the garden.
- Have access to water
- Aged 25 and older
- Willingness to learn
- Possess leadership skills (or looking to nurture your leadership skills)
- Available at least 4 days of the week (to maintain the project)
- Interest and/ experience in other community projects
- Citizenship of an African country.
- Successful applicants will be expected to participate in the full 12-month volunteer programme on a full-time basis starting October 2021 to October 2022.
Please complete the following sections to the best of your ability. Applications that do not respect the word limits will not be considered for review.
Click HERE to fill out the application form.